What is Massage Therapy?
Massage therapy is manual manipulation of soft body tissues (muscle, connective tissue, tendons and ligaments) to enhance a person’s health and well-being. There are dozens of types of massage therapy methods (also called modalities).
People seek massage therapy for a variety of reasons – to reduce stress and anxiety, relax muscles, rehabilitate injuries, reduce pain, and promote overall health and wellness. Fully integrating Eastern and Western medical modalities will inevitably create a network of best practices individually tailored to each patient. We specialize in healing and mobility restoration.
Massage is no longer a luxury but a necessity. With our busy schedules and stressful lives, it’s difficult to stay active and healthy today. Massage is becoming an increasingly more important step to increasing blood flow, removing toxins and staying healthy. Stress can be deadly lowering your immune system and allowing illness to occur. Massage helps to reduce it dramatically. Our massages here are different from your every day massage center. Each massage at Healthy Body Healthy Mind is designed specific to each individual needs and conditions. Trained therapeutic and medical massage professionals will help make you feel like new! Enjoy the pure relaxation of a true healing center!
Rehabilitative massage – also known as orthopedic massage uses a combination of modalities including deep tissue and myofascial release techniques for acute and chronic pain relief. This therapeutic massage is practiced in medical settings such as ours.
- Relaxation massage – also known as Swedish massage.
- Swedish: The most common type of massage, to relax and energize you
- Deep tissue: For muscle damage from an injury, such as whiplash or back strain.
- Sports: To help prevent athletic injury, keep the body flexible and help recovery
- Chair: Massage of the upper body, while fully clothed and seated in a special portable chair.
- Manual lymphatic drainage (MLD) is a type of gentle massage which is intended to encourage the natural drainage of the lymph, which carries waste products away from the tissues back toward the heart. This treatment is beneficial for post surgical clients, cancer survivors and detoxifying the body
- Acupressure with Essential Oils– Helps promote well-being using appropriate essential oils to balance the body’s energy along different acupressure points.